The medical practice was first established in 1948 when Dr W M McGimpsey joined Dr H L Donnan in his premises at 14 High Street , Holywood. This medical partnership continued until the retirement of Dr Donnan in 1973. In 1974, Dr K Kennedy retired from his practice at 2 High Street , Holywood and his partner, Dr J R B Kane, joined Dr McGimpsey with the amalgamation of the two practices at 14 High Street , Holywood. In 1975, Dr L R Scott joined the practice partnership and Dr J M McGimpsey joined the partnership in 1980 as the practice continued to expand.
The practice moved in 1983 to modern purpose-built premises at Brook Street , where it continued to develop and expand. Dr Joanna McCreery joined the practice partnership in 1991, when Dr W M McGimpsey retired, after more than 40 years in general practice in Holywood.
In 1993 the practice moved to temporary premises on the same site to facilitate major structural building work which was required at the premises. Before returning to the original premises, the practice took the opportunity to considerably extend and re-design the building and provide additional car parking facilities.
In 1995 Mrs Elizabeth Carson, who had been the practice manager since 1989, joined the partnership as the Business Management Partner.
Dr S Goldring joined the practice partnership in 2002 when Dr L Scott retired after 27 years.
In 2006, Dr Sara Graham, who had been working in the practice for the previous few years, and Dr M Leitch, joined the practice partnership when Dr Kane retired in 2006, after more than 30 years in the practice.
Dr Rachel Hoey joined the practice in April 2013 when Dr J McGimpsey retired after 33 years in the practice.
Computerisation has been extensively expanded in the past few years and the practice is now part of the NHS network, thus increasing efficiency and the quality of care provided to patients.